Friday, September 12, 2008

I just saw the most beautiful baby. He just came home with his parents, who are so overjoyed to have him. He was placed in their home by a loving birth mom who loved her son so much that she found him a incredible home with two of the most loving parents and big sisters. It brings me to ponder, I too was adopted. Although it was 45 years ago and my birth mom did not get to choose who her child would live with, I know with out a shadow of a doubt that my Father in Heaven knew who I should be with. I found my way to a loving home with parents who could not be better. It was not easy for me to get there, I was relinquished at birth but when I was in foster care waiting for placement I was thought to have hearing problems. Which halted the adoption process until all medical checks where done. I had extensive testing and things cleared up with some time. It delayed my adoption until I was 13 months old. My parents were actively looking for a child and were willing to take a child a little older because the were a little older themselves. They had two naturally born children my brother is 19 years older than I and my sister 10 years. I have always known I was adopted. My parents were always honest with me, telling me how special I was that out of anyone they picked ME. I remember thinking there was a store with babies and they went in and looked around and picked me!! I think I was a little disappointed when I found out there wasn't a store. ;) I know I was meant for them. I am so grateful for a loving birth mom. I have never had any hard feelings for her. Only LOVE, she gave me the greatest gift of all, and I will be enternally grateful!

6 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

A beautiful post...You're the best Monica!

Alysha said...

Love you mom, your the best mom ever and I am so thankful to have a mom like you.

Lisa R said...

How boring would our family be without you?!!!!

Alysha said...

Man mom yer blog is looking SWEET

D and C said...

I feel the same exact way!!! You are awesome, I loved this post!

Faye said...

Monica,
Thanks for sharing that - it was so sweet. I told my daughters to all take a look. You expressed yourself so beautifully!