Sunday, November 9, 2008

What a great night!! Kevin proposed to Jessika at half-time of the Concord High football game. He has been planning it for weeks, and Jessika had NO idea. He told her that Jeff was getting a big award for his volunteering for football, and that it would be presented at half-time. He told her that he would be presenting it! It worked like a charm, everyone knew except Jessika. I wrapped a fake plaque and asked Jess to go down on the field with Kevin to help. So there she stands and Kevin started in " I would like to present an award to a very special person.... This person has been there for me and makes me a better person... on and on... then they start some romantic music, she started to laugh, I thought she knows now. No she just thought that they were playing the music because he was being all sappy about his dad. Then he motioned to the cheerleader who were on the field and held up this huge sign. (the picture doesn't to it justice, Jessika b/f Lisa made it) He got down on one knee and of course she said YES. It was a great moment. They met at a football game when Kevin was a sophomore and Jess was a freshman. Welcome to the family, you are a great addition!

9 comments:

Lisa R said...

I hope we can make it! Let us know when they set a date! What an awesome accomplishment to get both your kids married off to 2 great people!

Alysha said...

What a great proposal, I wish I could of been there! I am so happy to have a new sister in the fam. Love both of them!!!

Stephanie said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations to the 2 of them!

CA Poppy said...

That's wonderful! They are a great couple. Keep us posted on the details.love,Michelle.

Bonnie said...

Wow, what an amazing idea for a proposal! We are happy for you all!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Oh my when Donna told me about this yesterday at churhc I got all goose bumped out. SOSOSOSO ROMANTIC!! What a guy, that is just a prelude as to what their life is going to be like. So happy for them & you, it's such great news :):) See ya & Please pass along the congrats to both of them :) Marianne

Lindy Lewis said...

yay!! That's the cutest ever!! She is a lucky girl....Kevin is such a good guy!!!
Keep us posted as well, we would love to come celebrate with ya!!
Congrats!!!!

Barbara said...

Totally awesome. Thanks for the link to the proposal movie.
Monica, I love your blog page. ~~Barbara

D and C said...

That is so awesome Monica!! Congrats!! How exciting.